Monday, April 7, 2014

Women's Central - Heechul P2/2




I have been curious from just now, how do the members get along?
The bands in the past are formed by people who have the same interest but idol groups are kids who don't know each other being put together. It doesn't matter if we have the same interest, there will definitely be conflicts within the group. The question is how to resolve the conflicts. We must have some conflicts first before we can develop a relationship. SJ has more members so even if there are quarrels, at most they will fight to solve the problem. If 2 members of a 5-6 members group fight, the other kids will not know what to do. But if 2 members of our group fight, the rest, 9-10 of us, will continue to play. Though it might be awkward at first, they will make up as we play.

What kind of fights?
I heard that there isn't a a group that fights like us. We said in broadcasts too that there were direct quarrels.. we talked about slapping each other too. Doing so (fighting) reduces misunderstandings. After our relationship gets deeper, quarrel will lessen.

Never fought over money before?
The amount of money we get for each member is the same so we never fight over money. We just take our own portion. But like I did War of Words alone, the pay from that will go to me. The pay from concerts is unconditionally 1/n (divided equally).

When was SJ the most popular?
2009 dduring Sorry Sorry. At that time we consecutively got number 1 on the charts in Taiwan. After that for the next 3 years, our albums got number 1 in Taiwan too.

You must have made a lot of money.
I spent a lot of it away. Because I bought a weird piece of land and got cheated.

So your asset is 50million? 100million?
Aye~! Let's skip this question. If you keep doing this I will go to a rival company and tell them everything that I didn't say here. And I will tell them everything I said in Women's Central is not true! I am done for if I reveal that here or talk about money.

Hahaha, ok I know.. But the money you make also have ups and downs?
Of course, I make more when we release albums or have concerts but I don't get anything during enlistment. Actually SJ was at its peak when I was doing military service.

Why did you got to the army at the best moment to make money?
Because I was impatient. People around me advised me to go later but I still went in like that. I hated it that I had to go to the Army office every time I go for overseas shows, so I thought I might as well enlist. Even the company can't stop me. I went into public service because of my injury from an accident. I went in quietly and came out quietly.

How is the life of public service?
Others might read/study a lot in these 2 years and received certifications, but for me, I only think about not being in other people's sight and to not create troubles. Because I don't want to attract attention, I wore simple clothes and took the subway to and from work.

Even so, I think many people found out?
Even those elders who don't know that I am a SJ member will look at me. Because I am handsome. (laughs) The funny thing is, those people who saw me when I am working were quiet. "Omo, Heechul ssi, hi," just like that, ended. But when it is time to knock off, if 2 or 3 people recognize me, they will go like "Oh Kim Heechul! Kim Heechul!" Those people whom I bumped into when I am going to work are sometimes the same as those peopl I bumped into when I knock off. But they are quiet when they are going to work and they will ask to take photos together when they knock off, it was a total change. Those who go to restaurants or pubs alone will not be involved with scandals. Those who hangout with women will create scandals.

Looks like many fan went to look for you at Sungdong Office.
It was like this at first. But my thinking was 'I am a public soldier now, I am not a celebrity during enlistment' so I told those fans who came "It cause inconvenience for me if you come like this. Don't come anymore" And they really stopped coming. My fans are obedient and look after me well.

I heard that fans are obedient because you are scary.
Because they know my temper (laughs). But that was all in the past, I have changed a lot.

Looks like you felt a lot of emotions during public service.
Loving my job, thankful for the present, thoughts like this. In the past, I will have bad mood if someone asked me for my autograph in a restaurant, I will not eat and just leave while nagging. Nobody likes to be interrupted during meals. No manners (laughs). But while working in the district, many people asked for photos and autographs and  I gave them. My way of thinking has changed a lot. To me it isn't something that is tiring, but to others, it is something that will become a precious memory. I reflected a lot on my past.

Men becomes more matured when they come back from the army.
Aiya~ but it will be uninteresting if a celebrity becomes matured. I want to be immature in an appropriate way. I can't get into trouble. I want to live as happily as I can within the laws of Korea.
I mean something like this.

Even the way one looks at women changes after the army.
The way I look at women is the same from before to now. I like those who are elegant and pretty. Because my character is like a blade so it is best if I find a woman who is like a sheath. She can slowly guide me, age doesn't matter. 

Looks doesn't matter?
I don't look at face and height. But I look at the figure, I like girls with nice legs.

Looks like you have met a lot of women.
Not a lot, but just right. I don't always have a girlfriend. My longest relationship was 5 months. Actually I am the kind who doesn't like to meet women. Up to middle school, I only played computer games. I only know about the female characters in games. I have no feelings for real-life women. To be honest, the female characters in games are prettier. But I have a little more feeling of wanting to get in a relationship after 30 years old. If I were to get into a relationship,  I want to date with a normal girl. Holding hands on the street, doing things like how normal couples do.

But then everyone can still recognize you.
Of course there will be some sacrifice. Even so, compared to both being celebrities, the attention from the media will still be smaller if she is a normal person. Recently my fans have been telling me to stop playing games and get married. Told me not to slip into the game characters and prefers me to meet a real girl instead. I am thankful to my fans, I have brought a lot of troublesome matters to them. When I took photos with women, or when I talk about women in broadcasts, no matter how cool my fans are, there are still possibilities that they dislike it. However they have been very understanding, I am really thankful.

Didn't you have any special impressions of any fans?
Hahahaha... but those fans that I remember have already gotten married. I even sent them flowers. The relationship with my fans is even higher than of working colleagues and family. No matter what happens, we will still move forward hand in hand. Actually I can't talk well and I have a short temper too but fans have been taking care of this immature oppa, I am really thankful.

You like kids a lot? Recently in Superman Returns, you took good care of the kids.
In the past I used formal language with the kids, I didn't know what to do. But those kids who were born recently are really cute. I am also very curious how pretty a kid who looks like me will be. So I told my mum I want to quickly have a child but I don't want to get married. Mum said I am crazy. Marriage is really a very far away topic. I am not familiar with dating, how can I be responsible to a woman? I am not confident yet. I would rather co-habitat first and if both of us get along then we get married, it doesn't sound too bad like this.

You are very honest, but no matter what, you do have thoughts to get married.
Because I am immature, I can't date a girl for a long time. I didn't do well too but I want to get married. After dating, it there are thoughts of getting married, we will get married naturally.

How will you treat a woman?
I will just do whatever I want, that's why I didn't have a relationship for a long time. I never lie or say empty words. On my girlfriend's birthday I even told her 'We are not married, why do I need to give a gift?' Just like this, I hurt the girl's feelings. I won't get married instantly, we must date and then get married naturally. But I seem to spoil it too early. I think maybe expressions are important. When the girl makes me a lunchbox, even if it's tasteless, maybe I have to tell a white lie ans say it's delicious.

You are the kind that can express love.
I am the kind that can look after someone from the back. There was once when I fell sick, my girlfriend brought me a lunchbox. While eating I was thinking 'my girlfriend traveled so far for me, this isn't good'. So from then on I never tell her when I was sick. I don't want her to be worried for me. When my girlfriend is sick, I will let her rest, I will leave the medicines at her doorstep and leave. I was afraid that if I asked her to come out to get the medicine, she will feel burdened. I hate the idea of male chauvinist.

That is quite manly. Then how would you like girls to express themselves?
In the past, I hate it when others try to restrict me. I don't like it when company or parents try to restrict me but it's different with a girlfriend. Calling each other in the morning to chat, calling each other when going out, it's really interesting. I felt restricted when I first did that, isn't there a song 'Sweet Restrictions', I like that kind...

Have you prepared surprises for girls before?
On the 100th day anniversary with my girlfriend, I booked a restaurant, put up some balloons and smoke, play some music in the background, a surprise like this. I had a bad fight with her the day before, so I rented the restaurant in the last minute. I was quite lost and didn't know what to do so I just curled up and didn't dare to look at my girlfriend's eyes. It was my first time doing such a thing since I was born. I want to tell my guy friends, the effect of a project like this can only last for a week. In the end it's still better to treat her well consistently.

Even if it was rented in the last minute, a surprise like this is not bad.
Hong Seok-cheon hyung was the one who came up with this idea. And that was his shop. If I am dating, it will be good to date a normal girl. Walking on the streets, hand in hand, I want to do stuff like what other normal dating couples do.

When did you first start dating a girl?
When I was 22 and was still a trainee. She was older than me. We broke up after seeing each other for 2 weeks. We went to DVD room to watch Lion King. When I am reading manga or playing games, I really hate to have people walking around me or touching me. There was a sad scene and I was going to cry but my girlfriend kept caressing me, so I turned my face away, after that we broke up.

It's a little unbelievable, sounds like an idol's answer.
It's true! Hyung, I was too childish at that time.

You prefer games and movies to girlfriends?
There was once I broke up with a celebrity girlfriend over computer games. "Oppa, do you like games or do you like me?" I replied "I like both." "What? Oppa, how can you say this?", "It doesn't mean you like me" and then she got angry and wanted a break up so we broke up.

Are you still playing games?
Of course, recently I am playing LOL with Lee Minho of The Heirs. We can't meet up so we just went back to our respective homes. After schedules, I connect my computer, Minho is often there. We will open the chatroom and chat there while playing.

You have said before that it's better to invest in game characters because they won't leave you unless you delete the game. 
I said this in a broadcast before. Although i got 'bashed' by many females, I have also given hope to many people who likes to stay in. When I was doing the radio broadcast, my female fans decreased and male fans increased. There was once when Girl's Days came over as guests for Valentine's Day special and they said that they will make chocolates in the past for their boyfriends and the boyfriends loved it. So I told them "They are all lying. I told them boys prefer gas vouchers or gift vouchers over chocolates. I really got scolded by many female listeners but the male listeners cheer for me.

You will go to any game broadcasts?
I have been to Gamenet League of Legend broadcast, I am Carry, before. I did some commentation and also played the game. Although I did the commenting for 4 hours, it was really fun. I was afraid that the TV station might be worried of my fees so I didn't go get the money.  During meal gathering, I also paid for the bill. Actually I really want to be On Gamenet MC. But there are many circumstances which I can't anticipate so I didn't do it. Next time if there is a chance, I must try it.

The company doesn't object this? Super Junior's Kim Heechul hosting a game show.
The words I hate most is 'Why did you appear in such a show?' or 'Why did you meet such a low class person?' We work together so where does all this grading come from? In this world I hate talks about 'classes' the most. 'You have lowered your class,' then I will say 'So what? no matter where I am, who I am with, I am still Kim Heechul.' If I can, I really want to do everything that I want to do.

How do you manage your human network?
I don't manage it. I just hangout with people who gets along with me. A lot of celebrities hide things from each other and cares about 'classes' so it's hard to get close, but I am not like this. I am honest and I don't like to lie. Those close to me includes Ma Dongsuk, Cho SeHo, Son Dambi, Taeyeon, Park shinhye etc. Regardless of gender, we are drinking buddies. I will meet with good actors, good singers and good comedians, none of those around me cares about 'classes'.

Looks like everything you do is 4 dimensional and you have your own way of thinking.
One of the reason why I live in the dorm is because I love to play. When I drink too much in a banquet or gathering... in occasions like these, there will definitely be women. When I drank too much, women will come over and do aegyo and say 'Can't we drink more in Oppa's house?' If I am living alone, there might be more cases like this, so living in a dorm really suits me.

Are you telling me that there are women who will tell men that they want to drink in their homes?
There are really a lot, hyung you have never encounter this?

This is the difference between an idol and a middle age man. In my life, when I was young and still single, I have never heard of 'let's go drink more in your home' before. 
For Kim Heechul, phrases like 'the world of 4 dimensions' and 'full of confidence' have been following you.
Because it is the truth. To be honest, during my debut period, anyone around me will feel annoyed and burdened by me. But being a DJ, meeting many people, it has taught me how to judge situations. My bipolar may have impacted negatively on some broadcasts. After knowing this, I will work harder towards a more positive direction, seems like my personality has changed too. I also have more feelings after finishing my military service and coming back 

What do you think your charm is?
The sense of surprise. To be able to see something unexpected, isn't that interesting? When I just debuted, some say I look like Japanese. But then they found out that I grew up in Gangwon-do, a man who looks like a girl but has a frank character and can drink well, many people like the sense of surprise like this.

Which one do you like best between singing, variety, acting, DJ and MC?
I feel happiest to be a singer. Especially when I hear the explosive screams from the fans during concerts. This sense of excitement can only be felt on stage together with fans. So no matter where I go, I will say that I am a Super Junior and a singer.

When will Super Junior comeback?
This year we will have a new album as well as a world tour. And it is Super Junior's 10th anniversary. We are often energetic, this time we will be able to do very well too. I wish that Super Junior will always be happy. This is a battle concerning how far we can move forward. When I was little, I thought that it is most important to be handsome and charming but from some point onwards, I felt that this is all useless.

To Kim Heechul, Super Junior is...
In the beginning when there were 13 members in the group, people asked what do we have left after dividing it (profits) between 13 people. A lot of talks like this. But the truth is, our existence cannot be bought with money. When we go to TV stations, or anywhere else, we will be proud. Super Junior is not a job for me, it is a harbour where I can rest. Other than the members, who can accept me when I throw a tantrum when I am in a bad mood? Anyone can accept me when I make noises in a good mood. I become more careful when I get more popular but I don't have to be like this with the members. Sometimes I go naked and I don't close the door when I shower, just open the door and go in. I think it's good to have a relationship like this. The members' existence is now something I cannot be without in my life.

Lastly tell us your plans.
I am thankful to be able to get into the company despite always creating troubles in school. My parents are also happy with  my current success. I feel proud when my parents are happy to see me on variety shows. When I am tired, I often think about what I will be if I am not a celebrity. I am not someone will plan far into the future. I am someone who plans for the future like what I am planning now for tomorrow to do my best.

Source: loveheenim

No comments:

Post a Comment